Bike Beans Challenge
Bike Beans Challenge
To celebrate the Olympics taking place on our doorstep, the inaugural Bike Beans challenge is a one lap cycle time trial around the 9.7 mile Olympic Road Race Box Hill circuit. Enter the challenge for your chance to win whole batch of Bike Beans goodies. There's a prize for the fastest man and women, plus an extra prize for the person that makes the most attempts at the challenge.
To take part in July's challenge you must complete one full lap of the Olympic Road Race Box Hill cycle loop during July 2012. Start at the bottom of the famous zig zag, climb Box Hill then continue along Box Hill Road towards Headley. Turn left, onto Headley Common Road go past the National Trust Car park and then turn left down Tot Hill. Continue until the roundabout junction A24. Take the first exit left at the roundabout and continue down the Leatherhead By Pass road until the next roundabout. Turn left (first exit) along the Dorking Road and then turn left at Box Hill School, travelling up through Mickleham to the finish at the bottom of the Zig Zag where you started from.
How to enter
1. Familiarise yourself with the challenge route
2. Warm up, then cycle it as fast as you can!
3. Click on the link below to Log your time on Bike Beans with the challenge route already included in your cycle. To be eligible for a prize you must name your activity July Challenge and select "cycling" as the sport type.
NOTE: If you are importing an activity from a Garmin or Polar device, please follow these additional instructions. After you have imported your activity, click on "Edit activity", then click on "Select route". In the search box type "Olympic Challenge Road Race Loop" and Select the relevant route. One more thing - check the number of laps is "1". Then re-save your activity.
4. Not happy with your time? Don't worry, you can re-do the challenge and enter as many times as you like!
5.Tell the world about your time on Facebook and twitter, #bikebeanschallenge
6. That's it - leave the rest to us and we will calculate who is on the podium and who has shown the biggest improvement in performance. Keep visiting this page weekly as we update the table below.
To view all best times, click here. Keep coming back to the site to see if you're in with a chance of winning!
Terms & Conditions
Bike Beans reserves the right to query or ignore any activities that it believes contain falsified data. For all other standard terms anc conditions, click here.
- Filed Under